Life skills education helps students build confidence in both communication and collaborative skills. It provides them with tools important for development, find new ways of thinking and problem-solving and provides methods on how to socialize, make new friends and recognize the impact of their actions and behaviors. It allows students to apply the knowledge they acquire in school to real world problems and situations.
The school emphasizes on life skills education as an integral part of entire education system. Assessment based on WHO’s guidelines for the following Life Skills is done through various activities.
- Critical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Decision making
- Problem Solving
- Effective communication
- Interpersonal relationship
- Coping with stress
- Coping with emotions
Different methods that are used to enhance Life Skills in students are:
- Class discussions
- Role plays
- Special Assembly based on Life Skills topics
- Case studies
- Story telling
TRIPS AND EXCURSIONS
It has been quite rightly said that the heart of education lies in education of the heart. And a child’s heart not only seeks knowledge but also yearns for fun and frolic as well as learning through experience of new and exciting things, places and people. Keeping this in mind the school organizes planned visits to various places to enrich the students and to take learning beyond the four walls of the classroom.
Salwan Boys School believes very strongly in the educational value of well-planned visits and is a firm supporter of outdoor education. The school outings are driven by:
- Life Skills
- Outdoor leadership skills
“Of all the paths you take in your like, make sure a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir
Our Adventure Camps are designed to help kids learn something challenging from the outdoors. We hope to tickle their imagination and infuse positive attitude by helping them live the uncertain, and accomplish the impossible.
Adventure activities keep them excited & engaged, while they breathe fresh air, climb mountains, and explore and absorb from nature all in a fun way with the help of friendly, well trained and expert professionals.
LIST OF CAMPS ATTENDED BY OUR STUDENTS:
- NCC CAMPS
- EK BHARAT SHRESTHA BHARAT CAMP
- THAL SAINIK CAMP
- BASIC MOUNTAINEERING CAMP BY NIM( NEHRU INSTITUTE OF MOUNTAINEERING)
- KERALA TREK
- REPUBLIC DAY PARADE CAMP
- SHIVAJI TRAIL TREK
- SARDAR PATEL NARMADA TREK
- NIC CAMP
Salwan Boys School is dedicated to sustainability and providing our students with experience-based environmental education.
Contribution To Environment – We have eco-friendly school campus with rain water harvesting system, tree plantation, compost-pit, conservation of water & electricity. Efforts are being made for installation of solar panels. Our School has been declared ‘no single use plastic zone’ ensuring cleanliness and segregation of wet & dry waste.
Health & Well-Being
Health and well-being isn’t a single subject or class, but is organised into following areas:
- mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing
- planning for choices and changes
- physical education
- physical activity and sport
- food and health
- substance misuse
We have provided a range of resources to ensure children feel happy, safe, included and respected in their learning environment.
Few activities to ensure health & well-being of students:
- Yoga, being very important not only for physical but also for emotional and physiological development and for holistic health, has also been included.
- Healthy eating habits and hygiene which are important factors affecting the health of children are also covered.
- PT class
- Sports and Games
- Open and Indoor Gymnasium
- Happiness Class( for 6th to 8th class)
- Activities like quiz, poster making, discussions, debate etc. related to emotional well-being, self-awareness, social awareness, violence and abuse, and injuries are conducted in the school .
Established in 1950, Salwan Boys Senior Secondary School is a Boys only school affiliated to C.B.S.E.