Salwan Boys Senior Secondary School, Rajendra Nagar, New Delhi is a Govt. Aided School affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education.
In 1947 Pandit Ghirdhari lal salwan moved to Delhi and started the school housed in a tent at a refugee colony called Rajinder nagar. Thus started the journey of our lives. The sprawling play fields were literally sewed out of rocky ridges. With likeminded people assisting him for the cause. The 18776 sq.ft building of salwan boys school was finally constructed in 1950-51. Designing a sustainable school is a mixture of ideas of how Architects and planners are meeting the challenges of creating better schools for the future. Late Pandit Girdhari Lal Salwan created our school…in brick and mud…and with the passage of time, it started giving way due to poor-maintenance…and had to be reconstructed to “sustain the vision” of the founder.
The building of our school is big, spacious and attractive. With more than 22 Classrooms, Laboratories, a well-equipped Library and Computer Lab, our campus is well ventilated and well equipped, where the campus itself becomes the training ground for students.
Careful planning has been done for comfortable movement and the vertical design has left a lot of open spaces. Students learn more, perform better and attend more often, when they are schooled in a sustainable building.
We are a boys only school dedicated to inspiring excellence with a purpose.
|DETAILS OF THE INSTITUTION|
|Name of the Institution:||Salwan Boys Sr. Sec. School, Rajendra Nagar|
|Date of Establishment:||1949|
|Address:||Pt. Girdhari Lal Salwan Marg Rajendra Nagar, New Delhi- 110060|
|Front Office:||011-45093219/ 011-25782392|
|Director:||Shri Anil Kumar|
|Principal:||Smt. Saroj Achra|